Friday March 10 to Monday March 13 2017, Batemans Bay
Registration is Open! Training events are up for grabs.
Registration for the event is $50 with the Saturday night dinner at the Catalina Country Club an additional $45 per head. Raffle Tickets are 2 for $5 and 5 for $10.
Accommodation is to be arranged by members directly, see below.
Only financial members can participate in on-water paddling events. You will need to renew your membership for 2017 if you are have not already done so. If not a member, information on joining is here.
Paddle to the Tollgate Islands, learn to roll, rub shoulders with paddling legends and lots more at the 2017 Rock ’n Roll. This is our clubs premier event of the paddling year providing club members with the opportunity to meet like-minded people, experience a variety of great paddling destinations and enhance their skills via a number of on and off water training courses.
We have Sandy Robson as our special guest speaker. Sandy recently completed an epic kayak trip from Germany to Australia following the route taken by kayaker Oskar Speck in 1932 - 1939. Rock 'n Rollers not wishing to have dinner at the club can come to the club after dinner to attend Sandy Robson's presentation.
This event is run by volunteers who give their time to organise, manage the registration, run the beach marshalling, cook the BBQ, etc. Some of the volunteer positions have already been filled but we still need a few more. If you are interested in helping with these tasks, please contact Rock 'N' Roll coordinator Simon Swifte.
- Friday: arrival and registration. Registration desk will open at 5pm
- Friday evening: 6pm- welcome and light dinner supplied by Expedition Kayaks
- Saturday morning: registration desk open from 7pm, briefing, trips or training sessions
- Saturday afternoon: Fund raising BBQ and off water training sessions
- Saturday night: drinks from 6pm, dinner from 7pm at the Catalina Country Club (a short walk away) After dinner, Sandy Robson will be giving a presentation about her epic voyage
- Sunday morning: Briefing, trips or training sessions
- Sunday afternoon: Off water training sessions and Eskimo Rolling Competition. (most rolls in 1 minute)
- Sunday evening: Pogies (a shameful rip off of the Logies with the paddlers showing videos of their trips – a lot of fun)
- Monday morning: formal trips depending on trip leaders available
- There is a plan to set up a “Gear for Sale” area near the main marquee for those members that have surplus kayaking equipment they want to sell.
On Water Events: Trips
The location offers sea, bay and river paddling options. Some events may involve a short drive though we expect that many will be able to launch from Corrigan's Beach which is adjacent to Batemans Bay Beach Resort.
Trip options will be sorted out on Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings and individual on water event registration will be shortly after that. So come prepared to paddle when we meet at the registration area each morning. You should bring your usual paddling safety equipment.
Training sessions: On and Off Water Events
The 2017 Rock'N'Roll Training Program overview is here.
You need to be registered for Rock'N'Roll 2017 to register for training sessions, particularly on water sessions which are limited to financial members. You can see the list open for registration on the What's On club event list, use the filter on the upper right hand side to see just the Training event category.
Please ensure that you read the event description prior to registering for individual events. Registration for on water training will be open on the 10th of February 2017.
Accommodation costs are to be paid directly to Batemans Bay Beach Resort.
Rock 'N' Roll coordinator team, being Simon Swifte and Neil Gow, have negotiated a 10% discount for NSWSKC members to stay at the Batemans Bay Beach Resort. You will need to call 1800 217 533 as the web based bookings have no way to identify you as a member. Address is "Big4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort, 51 Beach Road, Batehaven NSW 2536". Full prices are: cabins $200 per night, powered sites $40 per night and unpowered sites $32 per night. Additional cars $8.
For campers the RNR marquee and commercial display area will be in 801 - 804 and 820 to 823 unpowered sites. The well appointed and spacious camp kitchen is adjacent to the 700 sites. Vehicles are not allowed on the 800, 700 and 600 sites, although there is adequate adjacent parking. Vehicles are allowed on the 900 unpowered sites.